American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Friday, April 15, 2011

Turn Your Head Sideways Project Rides Again




Turn Your Head


Sideways Project


Presents


Whites Butte


to Hopi Point


from the waterpockets


October 1984





I can no longer
hear my voices,
so I am
a little lost.
My suspicion is
they would know
far better
how to tell
this story.
At least they
would have
opinions
and suggestions
and definite ideas
as to what
should go first
and what
should go last
and what
should go
in the middle.
They would
inform me
when to add detail,
when to omit
extraneous information,
what was important
and what was trivial.
After so much time
slipping past,
I am not
particularly good
at remembering
these things myself
and could certainly
use their help.
A great many events
took place,
and it is hard
for me to know
precisely where
to put what.
And sometimes
I'm unsure
that incidents
I clearly remember
actually did happen.
A memory that
seems one instant
to be as solid
as stone,
the next seems
as vaporous
as a mist
above the river.
That's one of
the major problems
with being crazy:
you're just
naturally uncertain
about things.
--John Katzenbach
(from
The Madman's Tale)




























Mozart: "Serenade for Winds" (3rd movement)

Powered by Blogger