American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Poem About Everything


The other night
I was lying in bed,
looking up
at the stars,
and I wondered,
"Where the hell
is my roof?"


Right now
I’m having amnesia
and déjà vu
at the same time.
I think I’ve
forgotten this before.


I have an
existential map.
It has "You are here"
written all over it.




I was
reading the
dictionary.
I thought
it was
a poem
about everything

--Steven Wright




Turn

Your

Head

Sideways

Project

Presents:


from

between

Boucher

and

Travertine

Canyon

April 1982





My doctor
told me
to watch
my drinking.
Now I drink
in front
of a mirror.

--Rodney Dangerfield





The fact
that we live
at the bottom
of a deep
gravity well,
on the surface of
a gas covered planet
going around
a nuclear fireball
90 million miles away
and think this
to be normal
is obviously
some indication
of how skewed
our perspective
tends to be.

--Douglas Adams


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wall of Voodoo: "Call of the West"

Powered by Blogger