American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You Didn't Have To Be So Nice





Having occasion today to put up
a long ladder against the house,
I found, from the trembling of my nerves with the exertion, that I had not exercised that part of
my system this winter. How much
I may have lost! It would do me good to go forth and work hard and sweat. Though the frost is nearly out of the ground, the winter has not broken up in me. Perhaps we grow older and older till we no longer sympathize with the revolution of the seasons,
and our winters never break up.
--Henry David Thoreau
(journal entry for March 30, 1852)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hance Rapid with The Tabernacle and Solomon Temple
outside Mineral Canyon
Lovin' Spoonful: "You Didn't Have To Be So Nice"
Grapevine Rapid with Zoroaster and Brahma Temple

Powered by Blogger