American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Monday, October 20, 2014

Beauty And Joy Waited Upon My Comings And Goings


Bach: Brandenburg Concertos



Vivaldi: The Four Seasons



Mozart: Serenade for 13 Winds


The longer I live the more
my mind dwells upon the beauty
and wonder of the world.
I have loved the feel
of the grass under my feet,
and the sound of
the running streams by my side.
The hum of the wind
in the treetops has always
been good music to me,
and the face of the fields
has often comforted me
more than the faces of men.
I am in love with this world...
I have tilled its soil,
I have gathered its harvest,
I have waited upon its seasons,
and always have I reaped
what I have sown.
I have climbed its mountains,
roamed its forests,
sailed its waters,
crossed its deserts,
felt the sting of its frosts,
the oppression of its heats,
the drench of its rains,
the fury of its winds,
and always have
beauty and joy
waited upon
my goings and comings.
--John Burroughs


LOWER COTTONWOOD CANYON
ELVIS AND ELVIRA NEAR PAPAGO CANYON
HAUNTED CANYON
ROYAL ARCH CREEK
BANDANA WITH BUTTERFLY
HERMIT CANYON WITH RAINBOW

Powered by Blogger