American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Friday, October 10, 2014

Turning Time To Flowers (Come Away Alone)



Judy Collins : Since You Asked



What I'll give you
since you asked
is all my time together.
Take the rugged sunny days,
the warm and rocky weather.
Take the roads
that I have walked along
looking for tomorrow's time,
peace of mind.
As my life
spills into yours,
changing with the hours,
filling up the world
with time,
turning time to flowers,
I can show you
all the songs that
I never sang
to one love before.
We have seen
a million stones
lying by the water.
You have climbed
the hills with me
to the mountain shelter.
Taken off the days
one by one,
setting them to breathe
in the sun.
Take the lilies
and the lace
from the days of childhood,
all the willow winding paths
leading up and outward.
This is what I give.
This is what I ask you for.
Nothing more.

--Judy Collins
Since You Asked


Judy Collins: Albatross

Powered by Blogger