American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Monday, July 15, 2013

My Dreams Are Beyond Control




dear landlord
please don’t put
a price on my soul
my burden is heavy
my dreams are
beyond control
when that
steamboat whistle blows
I’m gonna give you
all I've got to give
and I do hope
you'll receive it well
depending on the way
you feel that you live



dear landlord
please heed these words
that I speak
I know you’ve
suffered much
but in this
you are not so unique
all of us at times
we might work too hard
too heavy too fast
and too much
and anyone can
fill his life up
with things he can see
but he just cannot touch



dear landlord
please don’t
dismiss my case
I’m not about to argue
I’m not about to
move to no other place
now each of us
has his own special gift
and you know this
was meant to be true
so if you don’t
underestimate me
I won’t underestimate you

--Bob Dylan
Dear Landlord

Powered by Blogger