American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

The Waters Of Oblivion




Peter, Paul & Mary: Too Much of Nothing



Fotheringay: Too Much of Nothing


A traveling salesman was driving in the country when his car broke down. He hiked several miles
to a farmhouse and asked the farmer if there was a place
he could stay overnight.
Sure, said the farmer,
My wife died several years ago,
and my two daughters are twenty-one and twenty-three,
but they're off to college,
and I'm all by myself,
so I have lots of room
to put you up.

Hearing this, the salesman turned around and started walking back toward the highway.
The farmer called after him, Didn't you hear what I said?
I have lots of room.

I heard you, said the salesman, but I think I'm in the wrong joke.
--Thomas W. Cathcart


FRACKING FOR URANIUM TO BEGIN IN U.S.
"WE'RE DOING THE ENVIRONMENT A FAVOR."

Powered by Blogger