American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Saturday, March 17, 2012

May You Always Walk In Sunshine

Robbie O'Connell: Keg of Brandy

Clancy Brothers: Easy and Slow

if you chance to go
to the town of Dungallen
you can search
until your eyeballs
are empty and blind
be you sitting or walking
or sporting or standing
another like Annie
you never will find

what's it to any man
whether or no
whether I'm easy
or whether I'm true
as I lifted her petticoat
easy and slow
and I rolled up my sleeve
for to buckle her shoe


Go bhfana í ngrá linn,
Iad siúd atá í ngrá linn.
Iad siúd nach bhfuil,
Go gcasa Dia a gcroíthe.
Agus muna gcasann Sé a gcroíthe
Go gcasa Sé caol na coise acu
Go n-aithneoimid iad as a mbacadaíl. *




* May those who love us,
Love us.
And those who do not love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.



Happy St. Patrick's Day

Powered by Blogger