American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Below Is The Green Water Billowing On





The grasshoppers weave
their autumn song by the
golden railing of the well.
Frost coalesces
on my bamboo mat,
changing its color with cold.
My lonely lamp is not bright,
I’d like to end these thoughts.
I roll back the hanging,
gaze at the moon,
and sigh long in vain.
The beautiful person
is like a flower beyond
the edge of the clouds.
Above is the black night
of heaven's height.
Below is the green water billowing on.
The sky is long. The road is far. Bitter flies my spirit.
The spirit I dream can't get through.
The mountain pass is hard.
Long yearning breaks my heart.
--Li Bai

Poin'dexter's view west
Tanner Trail vista
David Oistrakh: Debussy's "Clair de Lune"
Mencius and Confucius Temple from Whites Butte

Powered by Blogger