American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Monday, February 08, 2021

Laments Of An Icarus / Blood On The Tracks

Bob Dylan **: Simple Twist of Fate...take 1
** You're a Big Girl Now...take 2
** If You See Her Say Hello...take 1
** Idiot Wind...NYC Session 1974



The paramours of courtesans
Are well and satisfied, content.
But as for me my limbs are rent
Because I clasped the clouds as mine.

I owe it to the peerless stars
Which flame in the remotest sky
That I see only with spent eyes
Remembered suns I knew before.

In vain I had at heart to find
The center and the end of space.
Beneath some burning, unknown gaze
I feel my very wings unpinned

And, burned because I beauty loved,
I shall not know the highest bliss,
And give my name to the abyss
Which waits to claim me as its own.

--Charles Baudelaire
Laments of an Icarus

Powered by Blogger