American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Power Shift Here We Go


Beach Boys: Shut Down








it happened on the strip
where the road is wide
two cool shorts
standing side by side
my fuel injected Stingray
and a four-thirteen
revving up our engines
and it sounds real mean
tach it up, tach it up
buddy gonna shut you down





declining numbers
at an even rate
at the count of one
we both accelerate
my Stingray is light
the slicks are starting to spin
but the four-thirteen's
really digging in
gotta be cool now
power shift here we go





Superstock Dodge
is winding out and low
but my fuel injected Stingray's
really starting to go
to get the traction
I'm riding the clutch
my pressure plate's burning
that machine's too much



pedal's to the floor
hear the dual quads drink
and now the four-thirteen's lead
is starting to shrink
he's hot with ram induction
but it's understood
I got a fuel injected engine
sitting under my hood
shut it off, shut it off
buddy now I shut you down

shut it off, shut it off
buddy now I shut you down
shut it off, shut it off
buddy now I shut you down

--Carl Wilson


BUDDY GONNA SHUT YOU DOWN

Powered by Blogger