American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Bring Me My Red Shirt


Game of Thrones; The Winds of Winter





Salladhor Saan:
The lookout sees a pirate ship sailing their way. The captain shouts to his first mate, Bring me my red shirt. The first mate brings the red shirt and the captain puts it on, and when the pirates try to board, the brave captain leads his men to victory. (Davos comes into the bathhouse, overhears Salladhor, and heads towards him) A few days later, the lookout screams, Two pirate ships! The crew is shivering like scared mice. But the courageous captain hollers, Bring me my red shirt! After the battle, the first mate asks, Captain, why do you call for your red shirt before battle? The captain replies, So that if I am stabbed, you will not see me bleed. The next morning the lookout screams, Ten pirate ships! We are surrounded! The crew goes silent. They all look to their brave captain, waiting for his usual command. Calm as ever, the captain bellows—
Whores: [together]
Bring me my brown pants!! [laughing]
Davos Seaworth:
You think they ever met a pirate who didn't tell them that joke?

--Game of Thrones

Powered by Blogger