American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

All Will Be Right, All Will Be True


Bill Evans: Like Someone in Love



Bill Evans: All the Things That You Are




The Great Ones,
the sages of every age,
tell me what to look for.
They say that the answer
lies not elsewhere
but right where I am,
here where I am
both the center
and the source
of the universe.
They say that,
contrary to what
I may think I am,
what I really am is
formless, boundless,
timeless, and deathless;
that I am
utterly transparent,
empty, not an object.
They say that this clarity
that lies at the very heart
of my humanity
is none other than
the Self, God, Buddha,
Tao, and the Beloved,
and that to see and be this
requires no change,
no achievement, no struggle,
for it is already what I am;
in fact, I cannot not be it.
They say that no one else
can tell me what I am,
that I must see for myself,
and should I discover this
and live consciously from this,
all will be right,
all will be true.
--J. C. Amberchele

Powered by Blogger