American Idyll

yes, the river knows

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Tremendous Amount Of Time


Bob Marley: The Secret Blackwell Dubs




Good morning,
said the little prince.

Good morning,
said the merchant.

This was a merchant
who sold pills that
had been invented
to quench thirst.
You need only swallow
one pill a week,
and you would feel
no need for anything to drink.

Why are you selling those?
asked the little prince.

Because they save
a tremendous amount of time,

said the merchant.
Computations have
been made by experts.

With these pills,
you save fifty-three minutes
in every week.


And what do I do
with those fifty-three minutes?


Anything you like...

As for me,
said the little prince to himself,
if I had fifty-three minutes
to spend as I liked,
I should walk
at my leisure
toward a spring of fresh water.


--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Little Prince

Powered by Blogger